The Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa organises a wide range of outings throughout the year for club members. These 4×4 trips take place in local and international venues and are an ideal way to see Africa in an organised way that takes the chore of planning routes and making bookings out of your hands so that you can simply ‘arrive and drive’.
Be prepared for your trip
The outings are for club members firstly, so why not join the club now if you have not already done so.
- Please note that details of events may change unavoidably and to avoid disappointment it is necessary to confirm with the organiser that the event is still taking place, and where and at what time you should meet to participate.
- All participants on an outing should have completed a driver training course for four-wheel-drive vehicles.
- All vehicles must have proper recovery points at both the front and rear of the vehicle. This should include both rope/shackle attachment points and Hi-Lift jacking points.
- Participants must have their own basic recovery equipment – recovery strap, shackles and a Hi-Lift jack.
- While the fitting of 29 MHz or VHF two-way radios is not compulsory, it provides you with entertainment, camaraderie and, above all, security when travelling in the convoy. For those reasons it is strongly recommended that you have a radio if you wish to participate on a club outing. If you do not want to purchase one, these radios may be hired from the club and fitted to your vehicle without damage.