Club Events and Outings of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa
full club calendar here)
|Fri 01 to Sun 03
December - Bundu Trail
is a great trail which our club has not done for a few years now.
We will be crossing rivers and rocky sections, and testing your
driving abilities and those of your vehicle. This is our last
outing for the year and promises to be an enjoyable one. Get
more information here.
4x4 Trips and Safaris in Africa
The Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa organises a wide range of outings
throughout the year for club members. These 4x4 trips take in local and international venues and are an ideal way
to see Africa in an organised way that takes the chore of planning routes and making bookings out of your hands so that
you can simply 'arrive and drive'.
- These trips are only for members of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa. Join
the club here.
- Please note that details of events may change unavoidably and to avoid disappointment it
is necessary to confirm with the organiser that the event is still taking place, and where and at what time you should
meet to participate.
- All participants on an outing should have completed a driver training course for
- All vehicles must have proper recovery points at both the front and rear of the vehicle.
This should include both rope/shackle attachment points and Hi-Lift jacking points.
- Participants must have their own basic recovery equipment - recovery strap, shackles and
a Hi-Lift jack.
- While the fitting of 29 MHz or VHF two-way radios is not compulsory, it provides you with
entertainment, camaraderie and, above all, security when travelling in the convoy. For those reasons it is strongly
recommended that you have a radio if you wish to participate on a club outing. If
you do not want to purchase one, these radios may be hired from the club and fitted to your car without damage.
The moment you leave the tar road you must understand that scratches and dents can and
do happen, so you are driving at your own risk. No one will be forced to drive any particular obstacle, but there may be
no bypasses available, so be prepared.
Making reservations for an outing
These trips are only for paid-up members of the Four Wheel Drive Club of
Southern Africa (Gauteng Branch). Join the club here. Please note that the fees are published here months in advance of the trip, and prices may